The Fédération Nationale des Caisses d'Epargne (National Federation of the Caisses d’Epargne) is the institution that represents, and gives voice to, the 15 regional Caisses d'Epargne, their 4.4 million cooperative shareholders(1) and the 2,591(1) local savings company administrators. It acts as their representative and promotes their cooperative business model as a 100% regional banking and insurance institution, a pioneer in social change, and one owned by its customer/cooperative shareholders, and to do so in dealings with the public authorities, in particular.
Its principal assignments are:
- To help define the strategic orientations of the Caisses d'Epargne network,
- To promote discussions about strategy within the Caisses d'Epargne,
- To develop and coordinate relations with the cooperative shareholders,
- To support and train the representatives elected by the cooperative shareholders,
- To define, coordinate, and promote the social responsibility actions of the Caisses d'Epargne,
- To represent and promote the interests of the Caisses d'Epargne,
- To contribute to the cooperation of the French Caisses d'Epargne with foreign institutions of a similar nature,
- To promote the Caisses d'Epargne business model abroad.
(1) As at December 31, 2021