We aim to set an example in our actions
Reduction in our environmental footprint
In our own operations, we provide a concrete response to the fight against climate change. The drive to reduce our environmental footprint is one of the pillars of our TEC 2020 strategic plan.
- TEC 2020 target: 10% reduction in our carbon emissions *
Our actions are focused on three areas:
- Purchasing, in order to define the foundations of a sustainable low-carbon purchasing strategy by exploring potential areas of leverage and prioritizing the actions to be taken,
- Sustainable employee mobility, to drive an ambitious change dynamic in the Group's mobility practices,
- Responsible digital service (“green IT”), with the signing of the Responsible Digital Charter (french version) for an ethical and eco-responsible digital transition.
* Carbon track record (in tons eq. CO2) - Scope 1, 2 et 3 - excluding data centers.
A precise appraisal
In order to monitor the successful implementation of the initiatives undertaken in pursuit of specific objectives, we have set up a robust Group environmental reporting system and a tool dedicated to drawing up an annual carbon review for all the Group's different entities. This tool is used to create greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions assessments using a method compatible with that of ADEME environment and energy management agency, the ISO 14064 standard, and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
Taking account of the impact of our activities
We have implemented environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) criteria in our sector credit policies as well as our exclusion policies within Natixis targeting sectors facing major environmental and human challenges such as: controversial weapons, coal industries, oil and gas exploration & production, defense and tobacco industry.
In addition, Natixis applies CSR policies for internal use in the most sensitive industrial sectors: nuclear industry, oil and gas industries, mining and metals, palm oil planting, production and processing.
In October 2021, Groupe BPCE published its first climate report in line with the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Finance Disclosure (TCFD) detailing the actions it is taking to support the transition to a low-carbon economy and the necessary adaptation to the effects induced by climate change.
Download it HERE
Find details of the organization and governance of our CSR policy in our Registration Document.